But erm, where exactly are those clients supposed to come from?
It’s time for a much-needed dose of practical business strategy, so you can learn to sell your services, price your packages to match your value, and chart the fastest course toward the future you’ve been dreaming about.
(And we’re not talking about the sports kind of coaches here)
Life coaches, career coaches, business coaches, and more—
people you can turn to for advice, strategy, direction, and accountability are in high demand. And what’s more, people are willing to pay good money for coaching.
You just need to find your “in”—the you-shaped hole in the market where you fit …
and the process is a little different than you might think or have been told.
Let me ask you this:
Have you been “building” your coaching business behind the scenes for months (or maybe even years) without any high ticket clients to show for it?
Are you feeling doomed to keep slaving away at your current job while spending nights and weekends trying to create an online coaching business from scratch—and not really getting anywhere?
Have you bought into the industry misbelief that you need a bunch of online bells and whistles before you can make 6-figures as a coach? Scratch that, before you can even make your first $10K?
These phases build on one another— it doesn’t work to do them out of order.
Building your business solely online to get clients (before you’ve actually had any clients) is doing yourself a disservice.
The only group coaching program giving you the step-by-step strategy to build your coaching business the right way, the first time
Currently enrolling students
startUP is the 6-module systematic process for creating, building, and growing a profitable, sustainable coaching business by mastering your sales skills, finding clients in the fastest way possible, and letting your niche choose you (and not the other way around) through your proven 1:1 services.
The coachUP series is built around a three-phase strategy I developed to equip professional coaches at various stages of their career.
The first phase where you lay the foundation for a sustainable, profitable business by finding clients, defining (and proving) your niche and growing to six-figure income.
The next phase where you transform your business to make more money while you work less—serve more clients through group coaching & scale back your 1:1 output.
The final phase when
scaling up means transforming your 1:1 and group coaching into a self-led online course— heyyyy passive income, here you come!
As a new coach, you’re a startUP company (surprise!) and what do you need immediately more than anything else to keep your doors open as a new business?
As a startUP you should be spending 80% of your time on monetized activities (the things that put money in your bank account) NOT brand awareness.
But, how do the majority of coaches spend 80% of their time? You guessed it: building brand awareness.
(Not a bad idea per se, but it’s a cart-before-the-horse situation.)
Okay fine, so maybe there’s not just ONE right way to do things—but take it from someone who knows: there’s definitely a lot of wrong ways.
I’ll unpack the three-phase model I’ve seen proven in dozens of my clients' businesses—that I developed from what worked in my business, and didn’t line up with what anyone else was teaching.
• Learn to build your business the fast, money-making way ... aka, your free pass to *not* focus on building a massive social media following, and put 80% of your time toward what brings in the big bucks.
• Examine the 12 Factors of EVERY Coaching Offer (which, by the way, explains why I teach putting profit first) and how to confidently develop your own signature service
• Become savvy in avoiding The 2 Major Rabbit Holes that can distract professional coaches in the early stages of business
• Familiarize yourself with your “big picture” vision and chart your course with The One Path to Success I teach all of my coaching clients—so you can quit “winging” it and get away from throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks!
It’s time to overcome your major hangups and start making forward progress—stand up, dust yourself off, and commit to your goals.
• Get over the “Not Ready” Block with the understanding that you’ll never feel ready—plus, HOW to “just start” and “do it afraid” like everyone says.
• Examine your Money Mindset and learn to remove your own money blocks and limiting beliefs developed as early as childhood
• Move past your fear of rejection with the ability to get comfortable with your discomfort and embrace what feels like putting your heart & soul on the line to ask for the sale.
Learn how to overcome The Experience Paradox when you’re just starting out—like how to get clients without testimonials & experience, yet how to get experience without clients … Ack!
Ready … set … go! Here’s what you need to get started with your first clients—and it’s not much.
• Website, rate sheet & business cards, and nothing else. I’ll give you my simple templates and then tell you to hit it equipped with your most important business tools.
• Learn why I teach that new coaches are the exception to the rule about niches & ideal clients—and my steps for prioritizing sales over specialization, letting your niche make itself obvious to you over time.
• Learn how to set your prices & packages with confidence, knowing you can’t sell your services like pizza by the slice.
You’re a salesperson now! Learn to craft an engaging and authentic discovery sequence that converts total strangers into prospects in 20 minutes or less—and then, turns them into clients.
• Learn the power of Discovery Sessions in a high-ticket sales process—and how to sell transformation in a way that feels far from smarmy.
• It’s time to learn the hierarchy of networking and find the right rhythm for your hustle (dancer jokes!)—and identify your “highest paid priority.” (Confused? Don’t worry, I’ll explain what this means!)
It may feel good to give free advice—but you can’t run your business like a charity. In this module, we’ll walk through the client acquisition process step-by-step to focus on sales & conversion.
• Plan your discovery sessions with my coaching and Session Flow Guidelines
• Create alignment with your sales goals & discovery session flow to go into the sales conversation with confidence
• Learn how to Disarm the Top 3 Objections You’ll Hear Over and Over during the sales conversation
You spent all that time confused about how to GET clients, now what do you do when you HAVE them. Ha! … it’s all a paradox. I’ve got you, in this module, you’ll learn:
• The Breakwater Principle to lay a solid foundation in those critical first 3-6 months so you never have to hustle so hard again.
• How to nurture your current clients to lead to renewals and referrals—aka more sales!
• My suggestions for avoiding burnout through practical self-care geared toward coaches
• 14 Fillable online workbooks designed to reveal your mental, emotional & financial set points and skyrocket them from there.
• All of the templates, scripts, checklists, and client onboarding materials you’ll need to eliminate busywork so you can focus like the startUP CEO you are.
• Bonus guest speakers throughout the program to strengthen your foundation on topics from Human Design and coaching mastery to Divine Revenue and biz management cashflow.
• Plus, a few of my favorite things! Get my “little black book” of powerhouse resources including fave service providers (think copywriting, photographers, social media management, graphic designers, etc.), plus recommendations of courses and products to learn all.the.things from email list building to using social media for conversion and more!
Get OVER your fears, objections, and misconceptions that are holding you back.
Find your clients—in person & online. Learn to how to magnetically attract prospective clients.
Confidently convert connections into clients by knowing your worth & presenting your value.
“I’m good at what I do—but Jen helped me understand that people will pay thousands of dollars beyond what I thought they would. She helped me see my worth. Without Jen, I’d probably still be wondering where my next rent check was coming from. She helped me navigate everything that was coming up for me in the sales process— from my own issues with the fact that I couldn’t afford my own bills, to my presumptions about what people could afford or would pay. Jen got me out of that rut.”
7X her revenue!
“Jen has been a phenomenal coach! When I started this program, my practice was in its infancy. It aided me in clearing money issues and old beliefs around my worth and receiving. In doing so, my practice is nearly full! I am thrilled and experiencing success!
Jen helped me gain confidence to work with clients and receive money and to not be afraid to charge what I was worth. Her system works and I am grateful for her style of coaching. I now have a very effective structure in place for getting and supporting my clients.”
Launched her sold-out Collective!
“I’m getting to experience first hand WHY your approach works so well and it really gives me confidence in utilizing what you’ve been teaching. Out of all the many overwhelming ads regarding these kinds of topics, I am so so glad I resonated most with you and went forward with this. I remember when charging $2,995 terrified me. I took your advice and did it anyway. Now I charge $8K and it feels cheap! So many things in your program were astoundingly helpful to me and still ring very true.This all is to say...thank you so much. You taught me a LOT about sales. I’m so thankful for how helpful you have been to me. You truly show up in service and it has meant A LOT.”
Made $12,000 in her 2nd week!
After all, YOU believe in coaching— and based on the stats, you might need some. And, no one wants to be a statistic. (Unless it’s a good one.)
Every day that goes by where you’re not earning your paycheck as a coach is a day I fear you’ll quit. The cost of that isn’t just financial.
Sure, you don’t want to fall behind in your mortgage or have to pull your child out of music lessons— but what about the people who need YOUR expertise … and are genuinely suffering without it?
For roughly the cost of just one more semester of post-graduate coursework—
You could learn to actually do what you were trained to do.
And finally GET that roadmap for your future.
“Jen’s coaching helped me navigate a traumatic season of change in my life—
without her, I might’ve just stayed put. That might’ve been easier. Jen taught me how to build a relationship business with real people in the real world— now, I’m making more money than I ever did before. Her methods are different from anything else out there. She teaches a modality of business building that actually works.”
Went from 2 to 10 clients!
“I closed my first client within 48 hours of starting this program! Jen cuts through all the bologna that so many so-called experts are spouting to give you concrete strategies. Selling is now one of the favorite activities that I get to pursue in my business! Now I work where I want. I work when I want. And most importantly, my work has MEANING that I want it to have.”
Made over $200K in her first year!
“Jen has helped me transform my beliefs around money and charging for what I'm worth, and my practice is growing more than I could have imagined. Every session with Jen provided a huge shift for me, because she intuitively knew what I personally needed to clear, on an energetic level, in order for my practice to thrive. I am grateful to Jen for the success and empowerment she cultivated in me, and I highly recommend her services!”
Filled her roster in 3 months!
Check all that apply—and find out if coachUP startUP is right for you:
You’re lost on how to find paying clients to hire YOU as their coach.
You’re lost on how to find paying clients to hire YOU as their coach.
Totally, the best plan of attack is to go ahead and fill out the application and book a discovery interview where you can ask me all of your questions live and in-person (via Zoom) and I’ll get you answers in real-time. Let’s do it, shall we?
Building a business is hard. Overcoming your fears is sometimes even harder. Getting brave enough to build a business while you’re still afraid—as we’d say in the Midwest, “Shoooooweee, that’s a doozie.” I can help.
For all good things—baking, ballet, business—there’s usually a process that makes sense. Every step has a purpose with a long term goal in mind. It’s building blocks.
The coachUP Series was developed to give you the building blocks you need to start, grow, and scale the professional coaching business you dream about. Don’t become one of the coaches who quit before their first year’s up. You’ve got something special to offer the world—let’s sell it!
Join the upcoming session of coachUP startUP today, and learn to:
Build your business the profit-first way ... aka, your free pass to *not* focus on building a massive social media following.
Become savvy in avoiding The 2 Major Rabbit Holes that can distract professional coaches in the early stages of business
Start before you’re “ready” with the understanding that you’ll never feel ready—plus, HOW to “just start” and “do it afraid” like everyone says.
Move past your fear of rejection with the ability to get comfortable with your discomfort and embrace what feels like putting your heart & soul on the line to ask for the sale.
Website, rate sheet & business cards, and nothing else. I’ll give you my simple templates and then tell you to hit it equipped with your most important business tools.
Set your prices & packages with confidence, knowing you can’t sell your services like pizza by the slice.
Learn the power of Discovery Sessions in a high-ticket sales process—and how to “sell yourself” in a way that feels far from smarmy.
Nurture your current clients to lead to renewals and referrals—aka more sales!
Protect yourself from burnout through practical self care geared toward coaches
all for just
$997x 3 payment plan
Funding options available